My photo
Tri-Cities, Washington
I call my style...Urban Cottage! It's a Small Cottage Home with warm tones, all things worn and tattered, natural elements and bold modern pieces all mixed up! My three beautiful daughters, gorgeous husband and Mary Kay business occupy most of my time. However, creating a beautiful place to call home is very important to me. I created this blog to express my love of the cottage home.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Trendy Cowhide!

I have always loved cowhide and it's hot right now! So I've been doing some research and this is what I found out.
Pottery Barn's new magazine has a cowhide pillow on the cover but it is $99. I knew if I looked hard enough I could find exactly what I wanted at probably half the price. Here is what I found.........................
http://www.thecowhidestore.com/ (Don't forget to check out the clearance section) Cowhide comes in a so many varieties that it is hard to choose which one to go with. They range from exotics to value pieces. The average Rugs are 6 ft X 5ft and the extra large ones are 7.5ft X 7ft. That's a lot of floor space.
I have categorized them based on your decor style and this is what I came up with.
Shabby Chic.....which are Salt & Peppered or Longhorn
Modern & Bold.......created pattern & dyed
Romantic & Warm.......Holstein, Exotic and Tri-Colored.
This is what I have decided on for my family room. It is going to look so beautiful and at $179, who can beat that? It will be here in 2-3 weeks. (CAN'T WAIT) I will post new photos when it gets in.

No comments:

Post a Comment